Technical Associates will participate in four
six-month rotations through various areas within Kaiser Permanente's IT organization,
developing and applying new skills as they progress through their two years in
the program. Each technical associate will work with the Program Manager
to create an individualized development plan which will help them explore a
broad range of interests and potential career paths.
The overall goal of the program is to offer a unique
learning and career development opportunity to individuals just beginning their
careers, and who are interested in honing their technical skills in a
supportive, collaborative environment within one of the nation's leading health
care providers. Each rotation will allow associates to explore new
possible career paths and be prepared for a wide range of challenging
positions in IT. Rotations may include (but are not limited to): Data Science +
Analytics, Enterprise and Business Architecture, Product & Application
Support, Infrastructure Management, Platform Technologies, Compliance + Risk
• Engage as a member of a technical team to help
solve problems under the direct guidance of a supervisor and/or peers.
• Conducts research and analysis and assist with preparing various reports to
report on current projects.
• Learning new applications, tools and technical skills needed to complete
• Participate in regular cohort meetings with fellow technical associates, and
serve as an active member of the program community.
• Performs additional job duties as required.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, computer
engineering, or related field.
• Ability to work from different Kaiser Permanente office
locations (within a single geographic area) depending on where each rotation is
located (e.g. Pleasanton, Walnut Creek, Oakland)
• Ability to quickly adapt to new projects and assignments.
• Strong analytical skill set.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Leadership Potential as demonstrated by on-campus and/or community
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
For a full detailed job description of any of the above opportunities please contact Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org.